WHICH SHOES TO CHOOSE FOR BABIES?
There are so many shoes in stores that it is not always easy to know how to choose the right pair for your child. Some tips to guide for you .
a. When she was not at work
An infant cannot walk without shoes. As a rule, before 8 or 9 months (when some babies start to get up and want to take the first steps), for example, shoes are only used to protect the feet from the cold or the sun.
You should choose very soft shoes that do not prevent your feet from moving, such as leather sandals. Wearing such sandals on babies is gradually getting used to wearing something on their feet.
b. When your baby starts to walk
When your baby starts to hang on furniture to start walking or when he starts walking, it is important to leave him barefoot as often as possible to promote good development of the foot. Barefoot walking allows the small muscles of the foot to work. This develops stability, balance, coordination and muscle strength in the child. Therefore, there is no need to wear indoor shoes for the child learning to walk.
Leaving your child barefoot on different surfaces (for example, on the grass, on the sand, on the carpet, on the mattress, on the bed) also shows his ability to perceive the body in space.
Your baby needs shoes to protect his feet, for example to walk outside or in public places. In this case, his first shoes should be light, flexible and have cushioned soles. They must also hold on the heel to prevent his foot from entering the shoe when walking.
c. Choose a good pair of shoes for children 2 to 5 years old
Around 2 years old, children are more and more confident in their movements. He works better and needs a comfortable shoe. Here is what to check when choosing your toddler shoes:
- Shoes should be light;
- The sole should bend at the toes to promote the natural movement of the foot;
- The base must be non-slip (for example rubber) to prevent children from slipping;
- The sole should be a little thicker on the heel;
- Shoes must be made of materials that Muslims breathe, such as leather or some of the synthetic fabrics used in the manufacture of sports shoes, to allow the feet to be ventilated. Avoid synthetic materials, such as imitation leather, to prevent sweaty feet from escaping;
- Remember to put your finger inside the shoe to verify that there are no seams that can cause foot irritation in the long run.
What shoe size?
- To choose the right size, take your child shopping with you. Here are the ideal techniques for choosing the right size:
Place the false sole on the floor and have your child step on it when he gets up. His toes should not extend beyond the edges of the sole in width;
- The gap of about 1 cm must also be kept freely between the longest end and the end of the sole to allow the foot to push slightly.
- If the sole is not removed: put your child in shoes and get up. You should be able to put an index finger on the back of his heel.
- Your child should also be able to move the toes;
- Touch her toes across the shoe. If you feel that they are pushing hard on the sides of the shoe, this indicates that his toes are too tight and that he needs a wider model;
- Have the toddlers walk around the store to see if they find comfortable shoes.
When should I change my shoes? Which shoes to choose for babies?
According to the Canadian Pediatric Association, at the age of 3, children’s feet grow on average half the size every two or three months. After 3 years, they increase in size each year. However, each child grows at their own pace. To know when to change shoes, it’s best to check often if your baby’s toes reach the end of the shoe.
d. Choose school shoes
The same advice mentioned above applies when it is time to choose shoes for children to start school. He has to wear shoes all day to do many activities. Therefore, it is better to favor a shoe made of sufficiently resistant and well-held material, it is a shoe with lanyard, lanyard or velcro.
Avoid trendy shoes like ballerinas and Converse shoes. These shoes have a flat sole and it is best to choose shoes with a slightly thicker heel. This can help prevent heel pain and tendonitis.
e. Choose a good sandal for summer
Support good leg support. When it is hot, the child is in a pair of sandals, provided that it meets certain characteristics. A good pair of sandals has: a heel stabilizer, that is, the part of the sandals around the heel must be solid;
one attached to the ankle and at least one attached to the front foot;
A non-slip sole (for example rubber).
Hybrid shoes made of synthetic fabric (for example, Keen), located between sandals and sneakers, are a good choice of sandals. They allow the feet to be ventilated while providing good support thanks to the heel reinforcement and the non-slip soles. Because the ends of these sandals are closed and often reinforced with rubber, it also protects the child’s toes.
In fact, when sandals without handles on the back of the ankles, they are not good for the feet. Wearing it can cause discomfort, irritation, blisters, or other injuries to the feet, such as heel, toe, or ankle pain.
f. When to consult a podiatrist?
The child is born with a flat foot and its arch gradually forms as the foot grows. Therefore, it is not necessary to consult for flat feet before the age of 3 years.
After 3 years, the child can still have flat feet without having to worry about it. There are many models dedicated to children’s shoes with flat feet. The following signs should encourage your referral:
- He complained of painful feet;
- He often trips;
- He gets tired quickly when walking;
- He often asks to be stopped or to walk in a stroller;
- He has ankles and feet turned inward.
When your baby starts walking, often leave him barefoot.
For children over 2 years old, choose a pair of comfortable shoes with a non-slip sole slightly raised at the heel.
For the summer, the shoe between the sneakers and the sandals allows the feet to be well ventilated and supported and protected.
You have many options, with the information provided, hoping that you will choose the most suitable and best quality shoes for your child. We have more information about the best kids shoes for flat feet, you can know more to choose https://kidbeast.com/best-kids-shoes-for-flat-feet/